Sunday, May 6, 2007

Sunday

I bought some flowers from home depot and potted them in our backyard, there are more but these are my favorites:


This morning we woke up late and went to the 11:45 service at RBC. Mike spoke on Galations 3, it was great. Basically he reminded us of the importance of knowing that it is not by obedience to the law that we are saved (works), but through grace and our faith in christ. Our own righteousness, or goodness, has nothing to do with it. He said that when he became a christian at the age of 26 he was angry to find out that the past 26 years of "righteous living" had all been for nothing. All that righteousness was wasted as it would not earn him a spot in heaven. And he was also angry that no one had told him that it was a waste before to try to earn his way into heaven, that the only way to heaven was through Christ. My favorite thing he said (and I am sure I am going to butcher this) was "It is not good news to tell someone that you have to live a good life to get to heaven, or that you have to obey the law perfectly, this is not good news because it cannot be done! It is good news to tell someone that Christ died for us, in spite of our sin" Therefore my motive in living for him is not that I do it because I have to, to get into heaven. That happens once I believe in Christ and trust in Christ as my Lord and savior, even though I am a sinner. It is because of gratefulness for what he has done for me that I live for him, and obey him. Out of love.

After church we came home and have been here ever since doing various chores around the house etc. I have cleaned out my closet and am listing clothes to sell on ebay. Brian is doing yard work and fixing some furniture he bought on Craig's list


No comments: