Tuesday, May 8, 2007

a little bit of culture


So I ended up at the American Indian Museum today, and got to take a tour with one of the curators and it was really interesting. Plus we were in and out in 1 1/2 hours which is my kind of museum tour. While we were there I saw a Hawk, which I obviously took a picture of, and I was ridiculously excited. Everyone I have told about it has seen a hawk before but I never had so I thought I was seeing something rare, which is why I was so excited. I won't bore you with all the details of things that I saw/heard but one thing I learned is that most of the items in the musuem were collected by 1 man who was obsessed with native american culture and started buying everything he could get his hands on, and went through his fortune and 3, yes 3, wives inheritances. Crazy! And he ended up with 800,000 artifacts. Can you imagine? I am going to stop complaining about the few extra pieces of furniture Brian has stashed in our basement.

No comments: