Monday, May 28, 2007

Date night

So last Thursday night Brian and I went to the Maestro restaurant in Tyson's Corner. We had been given a gift certificate as a Christmas present. "It was an unbelievable dining experience" - quotes Brian Young. It was super fun! We ordered the chef's choice which was a little scary and a couple of times I regretted it, but for the most part everything was really really good. We had like 11 courses or something ridiculous like that. One of them was pigeon, which Brian was excited about but I just couldn't make myself eat after a few bites. I kept picturing all the pigeons in DC and how gross they are.



the pigeon (we snuck some pictures on my phone)


Some of the other courses were steak tartar, Rock fish topped with Foie Gras, raw tuna with a beaker of clear tomatoe soup, raw oyster, tomatoeless lasagna...not things I would normally eat, and quite frankly I don't care if I ever eat them again, but it was still fun to try them!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

wow! that's way fancy! you are so beautiful, by the way! it was so great to see you!