Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My sort of Alias moment

So tonight I went to the grocery store and started throwing stuff in my cart (I like to be in and out and home in under 30 minutes, I have a system but that's another blog post) half way through the fruit aisle I looked for a pen in my purse only to find that my purse was not in my cart. Someone had stolen my purse from my cart! The Sydney Bristow in me kicks in, I yell to a giant personelle that someone has stolen my purse as I am running for the parking lot to find the purse theif, kick his/her/their butt and retrieve my propery. I get to the parking lot and no one is in it (it's like 10:00 at night) and I see 1 car pulling out but a. its driving really slowly, not at getaway vehicle speed and b. it's a lexus suv so it's not likely that they need my wallet. I check inside my car to make sure that I haven't completely lost my mind and left my purse in the car and then turn around and walk back into giant. I am so so bummed that I wasn't able to attack anyone, plus I have no car keys, no wallet and no way of getting home or buying groceries. As I am walking back into the store I see the same giant lady that I yelled to in the beginning of this fiasco standing in the middle of 2 carts. 1 is full of groceries and no purse, the other has a purse and no groceries. Um, apparently when I first started the system I walked away from my purse cart, grabbed some fruit and threw it into another cart without noticing it was purseless, leaving the purse cart in the middle of the store. Not only did no one take it, but I am a complete idiot and also the worst Sydney Bristow ever. I realized as I am driving home (30ish minutes later with all of my groceries and none of my pride) that if someone had indeed stolen my purse with my car keys in it, by running straight out to my car I just identified it for them so they could steal it as well. This is why I am a housewife and not a spy.

6 comments:

The Wrights said...

Probably the best blog I have ever read. That was great - at least you would kick into Spy-Mode at a moments notice. If it were me, I would see the thief, walk up to them and say "Sorry to bother you, but I noticed you have my wallet and I just wanted explain that I didn't get a chance to go to the bank today so I apologize that there isn't very much money in it."

The point is - you are awesome.

Sandy said...

Wonderful post, spy girl! We love you anyway! (Just remember which cart you put Caroline in, though...)

Leah said...

you rock peyton young. i will still think of you as sydney bristow, and besides would have PAID to see you kick somebody's butt!

Courtney said...

ha! totally laughing out loud! that was SO funny! :-)

C said...

omg! hilarious! sydney would be so proud of you.

Michelle said...

Please post about you make in and out of the grocery store in 30 min...that would be a miracle for me!!