Isaiah 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
My friend's Ali and Courtney have both commented on their blogs about how people are incredulous when they tell them about our beach vacation, thinking it maybe doesn't sound so fun, 21 people, 9 kids 12 adults in one house doing everything together and cooking/cleaning for 21 for a week. I never really thought about it till I was telling my brother about the trip and he was asking all sorts of questions like, "how do the rooms work out, who cooks, who cleans, are the kids well behaved, does everyone hang out" and I started to realize that it really is extraordinary how well we all get along and how fun the week is. I think I took it for granted since it has always been that way, but I can see how with the wrong crowd, 21 people in one house could be a disaster! The kids all love each other and play together all day long, the adults look out for any kid in their sight and comfort/keep safe/and play with any kid that needs it. As for the cooking and cleaning I was shamefully not helpful this year because of Caroline, but it everyone pitches in where it is needed and it all goes smoothly which again, is extraordinary considering the amount of people. It's neat to see that kind of comradery in action! Brian and I love this vacation, it is the one we look forward to all year. There was a group in a house behind ours that had been coming to the beach together for 40 years! I hope we will be able to say that 37 years from now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
amen, sister!
Post a Comment