Isaiah 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
My sweet husband
Yesterday was my birthday. In years past I have been sort of high maintenance on my birthday which is no fun for anyone, myself included so the past few years I have really tried not to set my expectations so high that no one can possibly deliver on them. I am not really sure why I do that, but that's a topic for another blog post. Anyway, this year I was just looking forward to enjoying the day no matter what happened and be thankful for my big gifts this year, a healthy happy baby who brings me so much joy and a sweet and wonderful husband who I am so thankful for. On tuesday night Brian told me that he was taking wednesday off for my birthday, how fun is that?! He got up when Caroline got up on Wednesday morning and I slept in till 10:30 (he does that often on the weekends but it was so nice to get that much sleep in the middle of the week!) When I finally got up, he went to a donut shop in Fairfax that makes homemade doughnuts and brought home a bunch, they were literally the BEST donuts I have ever eaten, I want one right now (but unfortunately I already ate them all) I had 2 donuts and a bagel for breakfast. Hey, it was my birthday. Then we had a nice relaxing family day and had dinner with my godparents which was the perfect end to the greatest day. Brian is the sweetest friend/father/husband and is always trying to find ways to make my life as a mom easier and show me how much he appreciates me and I love him for it, and for a million other reasons. I am so so blessed to have him as a husband, I couldn't ask for a better teammate, it is so fun to be married to him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Peyton! I am glad you had a great day. Looking forward to seeing you soon.
so fun! i'm so glad you had a special day!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am so glad you had such a special day.
Post a Comment