I cannot believe little man is almost 1. This year has FLOWN by. Don't get me wrong MANY of the days have dragged on, but it is crazy to me that he is almost 1 year. Anyway, he is such a joy to us and we all adore him. Caroline is a little more agressive than Brian and I in showing her love. There are days where I think she is trying to kill him and disguise it as a hug, but that's normal right?? We used to think Caroline was super active, more like a boy than a little girl but we have changed our opinion on that now that we actually have a boy. She was just busy, Caleb is active and I now know the difference! He started army crawling at 5 months and was crawling for real the day he turned 6 months, started pulling up a few days later. We had to lower his crib matress all the way months ago and have had to childproof way more than we did with Caroline. We actually never did really childproof for her, because I could watch her all the time, but that is much harder with 2 and if I take my eyes off that boy for 1 second he is halfway up the stairs or trying to eat a power cord. He cruises around on the furniture and can stand on his own. We were always so proud of Caroline's developmental milestones, and I am definitely proud of him but come on, you want your second kid to sit there and smile at you quietly and stay out of trouble. And he does not stay out of trouble
His number one goal is destruction, everything he gets ahold of he tries to eat, hit, pull apart, destroy or throw. He loves to dance, it's hilarious. If he is cranky and you start to sing to him he will smile and wave his arms around and if he is really feeling it he will stand up and do some pelvic moves that totally crack us up. He is a smiley, happy little guy, until he is not that is. When he is unhappy you KNOW IT. I think I have mentioned before that he has a scream that is unlike anything I have ever heard before. He has turned into a really good sleeper, sleeps a solid 12 hours at night and takes 2, 1 1/2 to 2 hour naps a day. He loves to be out and about, loves his sister, loves balls and LOVES his daddy. He completely prefers Brian to me, it makes me so mad. I mean I meet all of his needs all day long and when Brian gets home he cannot get to him fast enough. He kicks and cries till Brian picks him up and doesn't want anything else to do with me. Caroline however, is still a total mama's girl so I guess I should be grateful that they dont both want me all the time. It's actually really cute and Brian loves it so I am ok with it :) He says mama, dada and bye bye and we are pretty sure he knows what they all mean, he waves, and he is really into copying us these days. For instance when I put a hat on him he takes it off and tries to put it back on himself and after his bath when I comb his hair he grabs the comb and combs his own hair which is so adorable. He loves to eat, I am sort of a chicken on giving him foods because both he and Caroline throw up pretty easily if they choke on something because of their reflux and I am so over getting puked on. But he has had a grilled cheese, eats peanut butter crackers (I accidentally gave him peanut butter and he didn't react to it, now it's one of his favorites) pretzels and other assorted finger foods.
At his 9 month checkup he weighed 22 lbs and was 30 inches long, and he already wears mostly 12-18 month clothing. He looks just like his daddy, oh and every morning when I go into get him up he reaches for me and gives me a big wet kiss on the mouth. We love him so so so so much and want at least 1 maybe 2 more just like him and his sister:)
4 comments:
So fun to see your update! Can't wait to be with you all at the beach!
wow! great to see your family is doing well! caleb is so cute!!
I like the new and updated blog!
I think your blog is adorable and perfect!
Post a Comment