Monday, March 29, 2010

To know her is to love her


Caroline is talking more and more and it's so fun listening to her. We, of course, think her little voice is the cutest thing ever and she really is so funny. I feel like we are getting to know her all over again now that she can express herself and is not just whining all the time. Boy was that getting annoying. We have discovered that she does not like to be messy, or to see other things messy. She does like to create a mess, don't misunderstand, but then she will complain about it over and over with a distressed tone of voice until you wipe it, clean it, pick it up etc. Today I was feeding her lunch and I had gotten her string cheese that had both white and yellow cheddar and she declared it "messy" and wouldn't touch it. Cow's are messy (their spots apparently look like dirt) rain is messy, and so on and so forth. When she get's really excited about anything she yells "mommy daddy, mommy daddy" over and over which we think is so cute. She LOVES our friend Katie, I mean loves her. She asks for her ALL the time, when we pray at night as soon as we say dear Jesus she starts to yell Katie, Katie, till we pray for Katie and family. She sings along with Jesus loves me and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. She asks for daddy and Raw-Ree (my mom) all day, if she gets in trouble or if I am not meeting her needs fast enough she asks for one of them in a super pathetic voice and it's clear she wishes one of them was there instead of mean old mom :) She is a total mama's girl though and I love the way she says mommy. It's my favorite thing ever. She has recently been taking off all of her pajamas and her diaper when she is in her crib, twice now I have found her deeply asleep, naked, and laying in a gigantic puddle of pee. The second time was at 4:30am, that one was fun. I won't talk about the 2 poop incidents but just know that there are poop incidents. She is a bit of a spit fire (I always tell Brian that I wish the kids looked a little bit more like me and acted a little more like him instead of vice-versa or better yet looked like him and acted like him) and we love that about her but it can be a challenge and she definitely pushes the limits with obedience etc. We have recently been seeing a real improvement in her behavior and obedience and that is so encouraging for me. I spend many night close to tears worrying about if I am doing the right things with/for her and wondering why she doesn't seem to be getting it, am I too hard on her am I not hard enough, am I not letting her be a kid or expecting too much etc so it's been nice to seem some positive results. She has a great sense of humor, she know's when she is being funny knows when you are being funny and she has a great laugh. I love it! She is so full of life and energy, when she get's excited about something she yells WHAT'S THAT?!? At the top of her lungs (for people or things it's the same response) and I love looking at things through her eyes, I wish I could get that excited about everything. She adds a "y" to the end of most things, so juice is juicy, cake is cakey, milk is milky, her favorite show Max and Ruby is Maxy, and so on and so forth. Oh I love that kid. She really is such a joy to be with. I am sure there are a million other things I am forgetting but that's enough for now. We are so blessed to to be her parents and this age (although not without it's challnges) is so much fun. I have a ton of pictures on my camera to download which I will do and post tomorrow. Or Wednesday. By Thursday for sure :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It is so fun to get this glimpse into your days with Caroline....and so encouraging to hear that it keeps getting more fun as they get older! She sounds so fun!