Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Easter

I am shamefully behind on blog posts, but that seems to be a theme. We have had a lot going on the past few weeks, both of my grandmother's died within a few weeks of each other, various family members have been in town. Caroline has been a little sick, and I am tired all the time which is to be expected but I thought I remembered being full of energy during my second trimester last time. Oh well, luckily my sweet husand encourages me to rest and be lazy while he cooks and cleans and tends to the baby. He is seriously the best husband ever. And so hot:) Anyway, here are some pictures from our Easter, we spent it with my godparents and it was so fun. Caroline loves their dogs and they tolerate her quite well. We went out on their deck for awhile because it was a beautiful day, but a little chilly so I put some pants on her under her dress and by the time we left she looked like a little homeless baby, she was all dirty (from the deck) and covered in food (this girl loves to eat) and wearing mismatched clothes to keep her warm. She is so much fun, and everyday with her is a gift. She still won't walk, but totally could, crawling is faster so she is sticking with it. This girl is stubborn and does things her own way. She is becoming very affectionate, gives kisses, hugs and pats on the back. She is going through a mommy stage that is really annoying. I mean I love that she loves me but she wants to be clinging to my neck 24/7 and freaks out if I put her down or someone else tries to take her. She is all about other people though (as long as I am holding her) when we are out she fake laughs to get people's attention, she loves to be noticed. She makes a moo sound if you ask her what the cow says (she actually makes it no matter what animal you ask about but we try to set her up for success and pick the cow) she talks to herself all day long, straight jibberish and sometimes laughs at the end of a "sentence" she dances and sings and hums to all music and no matter how bad of a mood she is in she almost always snaps out of it if you start to sing "if your happy and you know it" she loves to clap. We love her so much and while I think we may be in for it with this one, I still want to wake her up and play with her about an hour after we have put her to bed because I miss her. Not to say that some days aren't hard, I am still overwhelmed at times by the fact that I am responsible for someone else 24 hours a day. Especially on the days when I am tired and feel pregnant and just want to lay on the couch all afternoon. Not happening. But the fun times far outweigh the bad and I am very aware that someday soon I will really miss these days with her.





























4 comments:

Courtney said...

loved the update...and the pics! i'm so sorry about your grandmother...

gates family said...

i am really sorry to hear about your grandma. that is hard. also, i can completely relate to the clingy thing. hopefully we can both relax on vacation in a few weeks!!!

Michelle said...

I'm sorry things have been so hectic for you lately, but am glad you have had special time with your family. I hope you get that 2nd trimester burst of energy soon!

Leah said...

so sweet!! :) Love you! Can't wait to see you. Miss you!