Saturday, January 3, 2009

christmas














my new header picture is from thanksgiving, and these pictures are all from christmas a few weeks later...I feel like Caroline looks so much older which I both love and hate at the same time. My baby is almost 1, how did that happen? This past year has literally flown by, there have been several times when I have been getting ready in the morning and I literally started to pull out a tee shirt from my closet, because I thought it was June and then realized it was actually december. Most days I end up wishing there were more hours left to spend with Caroline and Brian, and I am alarmed at how quickly the time is flying by. I am trying to cherish every minute and not be looking ahead to the next one, which has always been hard for me to do but I am learning. I wouldn't trade a minute of this past year for anything, and I still look at Caroline and can't believe she is mine. She is so very fun and sweet, her personality comes out more every day and it is a great little personality! She is full of life and curious about everything, she is super active and into everything all day long. She has 8 teeth, has not met a food she doesn't like, would put down an entire chicken breast if we let her, and loves to feed herself. She just learned the sign for all done and does it for everything, which is super cute, but tricky when she signs all done for something like diaper changing or nose blowing, and we aren't all done yet. She gives sloppy wet kisses all the time now, which is my favorite thing ever (although they are kisses only a mother would want) and waves hello to everyone she sees. She smiles all day long and brings so much joy into our lives. We spent christmas in blacksburg with Brian's family and between Brian's parents, Gavin, and the 2 of us, probably took about 200 pictures.

3 comments:

Schleiden Family said...

Hey! I love the family picture of you guys - so beautiful! Can't wait to hear about your Christmas. I think Jacob and Caroline got some of the same gifts! :)

Miranda said...

She IS getting big. I LOVE her cute hair. Is she like my girls and unless you have a bow or a clip in it, it's in her eyes?

gates family said...

oh peyton...the family picture is awesome!!! caroline looks so cute!!! i want to squeeze her..although, she probably would not appreciate that. you guys are the cutest!